October Newsletter from the Director
HAYTOWN NURSERY SCHOOL
September 27, 2016
Play is the only way the highest intelligence of humankind can unfold.
Joseph Chilton Pearce
Our new photographer is Shannon Bryant – she comes highly recommended. All packages must be pre-paid by SEPTEMBER 29TH – drop your form and check off at the office. She will be here on Wednesday, October 4th with a raindate of October 5th. Please make checks payable to: Shannon Bryant Photography. The turn-around time to receive your photos is approximately 3 weeks. (This is run at cost and is not a fund-raising endeavor for the school.) The forms came home with your children. Extras are available in the office.
I will schedule siblings/sibling groups and Mommy and Me students starting at 8:30, and I will notify you of your time slot.
There is no $5 mailing charge. To save everyone the money, I will pick all of them up from her in Madison. So please cross that off your order form.
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT/PARENTS’ NIGHT
Parents, please join us on Thursday, October 25th at 7:00 p.m. for our Fall Back to School Night. This is an informal evening for the parents to come and see your child’s work (proudly displayed), informally talk to the teachers, say “hello” to other parents, and munch cider and doughnuts. There will also be a short informational talk, plus we are doing a power point show of photos of “A Day in the Life of a Child at Haytown”. Because of limited space, we are asking that this be a parents-only night and that all the children stay at home.
HAYTOWN COWGIRLS AND COWBOYS
It is being held on Friday, October 7TH from 5:30 to 7:30. If you haven’t purchased your tickets yet, please come to the office or contact a Board member. The cost is $20 per family. Pizza and lemonade and desserts will be available for purchase. We are really looking forward to it!!! BTW, there is a silent auction with some great items including a golf outing, Chester Meat Market gift card, a bike trailer, Dean’s gift card…
TRIPS TO PICK PUMPKINS
The younger classes will be taking a trip to Stony Hill Farm Market in Chester. It is scheduled for Wednesday, October 19th with a raindate of Thursday, October 20th. Permission slips will be coming out soon.
The older classes will be taking a trip to Ort’s Farm in Long Valley. The class will be going on Thursday, October 6th with a raindate of Thursday, October 13th. Permission slips have already been sent home – there are extras in the office.
The state law requires us to have your written permission each time we take a field trip. Without the permission slip, we are not allowed to take your child on the trip. So, please make sure that your child’s slip is returned before the trip. We are asking parents to provide transportation. If you wish to drive, please indicate this on the permission slip. If you cannot drive, please contact another parent in the class to help out or contact me about it. Remember, please, that every child must be in a car seat or booster seat and that it is the responsibility of each child’s parents to make sure that your child is in one. Thanks!
INSURANCE AND FACEBOOK
Because of our insurance protocol, it is Haytown’s policy that teachers will not be facebook friends with parents of current students.
Just a reminder that all children must have flu shots between September 1st and December 31st. Please bring me documentation when you have that done. Thanks!
On Thursday, October 27, 2016 we will be having our Halloween Parade at Haytown. Everyone (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nannies and friends) is invited to watch our princesses, pirates, and other assorted characters parade around the all-purpose room and on the stage. Don’t forget your cameras.
Children are asked to come dressed in costume and bring their school clothes in a bag with their name on it. The parade will be at 9:15 a.m.
To help the children find their correct coats to go outside to play, we are asking that you help your child hang his/her outerwear on the correct hallway coat rack. If they hang it up, they can usually re-find it. Also, please make sure that your child’s name or even initials are on their garments. It helps us match lost clothing with their owners. Thanks for your help with this.
- To keep everyone safe, just a reminder that there is a distinct entrance and exit to the parking lot.
- For licensing purposes, we have to inform you about a site that lists consumer recalls. It is email@example.com I have seen everything from brakes on bikes to pacifiers on it.
- A great resource – a free 24/7 family health hotline: 1-800-328-3838
- Many thanks to our Board of Directors for our table at the Harvest Festival in Tewksbury this past weekend. Look for us at the Califon Street Fair on October 9th!
- The teachers have authorized release lists in the classrooms. If there is anyone else that you would like to give permission to have you child released to, please leave a note requesting this on Marge’s desk. I’ll add the names to the list (and other places).
- Please let me know if you want any other email addresses added to the distribution lists for both newsletters and other communication.
- If your child is going to be out for the day, we always appreciate a phone call letting us know. The absence list is posted in the hallway outside each classroom door.
- Lost and Found items can be found on top of the coat rack in the hallway.
- Minutes from our Board of Directors meeting can be found in the office.
- Please have the children follow our playground rules when you are outside with them, especially not head-first down the slide and not hanging by their knees from the overhead ladder. Our school also has the “We keep our hands to ourselves” policy that we utilize in school and hope that you can enforce on the playground. It is so much safer that way!
- Both Enrichment and Friday Storytime will start in November. More info soon.
- Just a reminder: October tuition is due on October 1st. The cost per month is $403 for the youngers, $511 youngers staying for lunch, $529 for olders. There is a $5 late fee if paid after the 10th. Thanks!
If you need me, you can always contact me on my cell phone 908.303.1812.
“Children are constantly trying to figure out how the world around them works. In fact, when you observe them closely, behind children’s actions you can see them pursuing their theories about how the world works. The ongoing quest they have to uncover and rearrange the world in order to understand it can be a source of great motivation for deeper learning. When you can tap into a child’s thirst for understanding by helping them uncover their theories and make them visible, the work becomes fascinating for both you and the children.”
Deb Curtis and Margie Carter